AMD are committed to reducing the impact of its activities on the environment.
The key point to achieve this are as follows:
- Reduce waste through evaluation of operations, ensuring they are as efficient as possible.
- Minimise the toxic emissions through selection and use of fleet and the source of its required power.
- Active promotion of recycling internally and externally.
- Source and advertise a product range to reduce environmental impact of productions and distributions.
- Meet and aim to exceed the environmental legislation related to the company.
Signed by Senior Director of company.
Mission Statement – AMD recognise their responsibility to the environment beyond the legal and regulatory requirements. AMD are committed to minimising environmental impact and actively stress the importance of improving environmental performance as an integral practice for business, with regular reviews of strategy. AMD will encourage external contacts and other stakeholders to run operations in an environmentally friendly manner.
AMD are responsible for ensuring the environmental policy is implemented to staff. All individual employees have a responsibility to ensure aims and objectives of the policy are implemented in their area.
AMD endeavour to:
- Comply with and exceed the relevant regulatory requirements.
- Actively continue to improve and reduce negative environmental impacts
- Continually monitor and improve performance of environmental practice.
- Incorporate environmental factors into business objectives and decisions.
- Increase employee awareness and offer regular training to improve environmental awareness.
- We will use minimal amounts of paper in the office.
- We will reduce amounts of packaging used as much as possible
- We will ensure that recycled and recyclable paper products are purchased for business
- We will recycle and reuse all paper materials where and when possible.
Energy and Water
- We will reduce the amount of energy used as much as possible.
- Lights and electrical equipment will be switched off when not in use.
- Office heating will be adjusted whilst being mindful of energy consumption mind.
- Consumption of energy and the efficiency of new products will be considered with every purchase.
- We will evaluate if supplies needs can be met in a more sustainable fashion.
- We will evaluate if renting/sharing of supplies is an option before making a purchase.
- We will evaluate the environmental impact of any new products we intend to purchase.
- We will favour environmentally friendly products wherever possible.
- We will reuse and recycle every material as and when possible.
- We will reduce travel as much as possible, restricting to necessity trips only.
- We will continually promote the use of environmentally friendly alternatives such as email messaging or video/phone conferences.
- We will increase our efforts in accommodating to the needs of
those using public transport or bicycles.
- We will favour transportation that supports environmental factors and maintain rigorous use to ensure continuous efficiency.
Maintenance and Cleaning:
- Cleaning materials used will be as environmentally friendly as possible.
- Materials used in office refurbishment will be as environmentally friendly as possible.
- We will only use licensed and appropriate organisations to dispose of waste.
Monitoring and Improvement
- We will comply with and exceed all relevant regulatory requirements.
- We actively improve and monitor environmental performance.
- We will continually improve and reduce environmental impacts.
- We will incorporate environmental factors into business decisions.
- We will increase employee awareness through training.
- We will review this policy and any related business issues during our regular business meetings.
- We shall implement this policy to employees for improved commitment and performance.
- We will update this policy at least once per year, in consultation with staff and all other stakeholders where and when necessary.
- We will provide staff with relevant environmental training to implement knowledge and awareness.
- We will work with our suppliers, contractors and sub-contractors to improve their environmental practices.